So I have a serious sweet tooth.
If it’s not meal time, I want to be snacking on something sweet. This usually cookies or ice cream because that’s what is in the house. Sometimes, when I’m weak, I’ll buy candies or what not at the store and stash them in little containers around my room. Lately though I have discovered a new treat. Mug brownies. One day I was desperate for something and we had absolutely nothing in the house. I remembered that making brownies and cakes in the microwave was a possibility, so I started googling. The results were wonderful and it is now my go to snack. It’s delicious, quick, and the ingredients are almost always on hand.
From start to finish, the total time is not more than 5 minutes. Cooking time is only 1 minute in the microwave on high! Follow the steps below for deliciousness in a mug.
- Start by melting 2 tbsp. of butter/margarine in the microwave (usually about 15-20 seconds)
- While the butter is melting I usually start to gather my other ingredients.
- Once melted, add 2 tbsp. of water, a splash of vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
- Next stir in 2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Next up is 4 tbsp. of sugar and 4 tbsp. of flour (heads up the flour is the hard part, I usually do 2 tbsp. at a time)
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Your brownie will look like it is not fully cooked but trust me, it probably is. (Although every microwave is different so I could be wrong)
- You can add another ten seconds if you like, but the bottom will start to overcook and that’s no good if you want a moist, gooey brownie.
So I hope y’all try this out next time you’re craving something sweet and chocolatey! You can always add to this. Put a scoop of ice cream on top, or some whipped cream and fruit. The options are endless!
Enjoy! have a wonderful day!